The European Conference on Computational Biology (ECCB10) September 26-29, 2010, Ghent, Belgium
The European Conference on Computational Biology (ECCB10) will be held on September 26-29, 2010 in Ghent, Belgium.
=== PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 9, 2010 ===
ECCB10 is the key European computational biology event in 2010 uniting scientists working in a broad range of disciplines, including bioinformatics, computational biology, biology, medicine, and systems biology. As part of the ECCB conference series, it will be organized this year jointly by the Belgian and Dutch bioinformatics communities.
Ghent is one of Europe's most exciting medieval settings, a glorious eclectic city with spectacular buildings and a vivid cultural experience (National Geographic Traveler recently ranked it 3rd best historic place to visit internationally). Ghent is directly accessible by train from Brussels airport. The conference venue is highly convenient and located in a beautiful park within the city center.
We invite you to submit your work in any area of computational biology and bioinformatics. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
- Genomes and protein analysis
- Algorithms and phylogeny
- Structural Bioinformatics
- Text mining
- Pathways and interactions
- Systems biology
- Bioinformatics for diseases
Papers should describe previously unpublished work and will undergo peer review. Papers that demonstrate both the development of new computational techniques and their application to biology are especially encouraged. Accepted papers will be published in Bioinformatics and will be indexed in MEDLINE and ISI. Authors of accepted papers present their work orally at the conference.
A limited number of travel fellowships will be available to help students and postdocs presenting a paper or poster attend the conference. More information can be found on ECCB website (under Guidelines - Fellowships).
Can we kindly request that you forward this announcement to the members of your team?
We look forward to welcoming you to Ghent.
The ECCB10 Organizing Committee
ECCB10 KEY DATES
- Call for papers open - January 10, 2010
- Paper submission deadline - April 9, 2010
- Paper acceptance notification - June 4, 2010
- Submission of final version of accepted papers deadline - May 18, 2010
- Call for posters open - January 10, 2010
- Poster submission deadline - June 20, 2010
- Poster acceptance notification - July 11, 2010
WORKSHOPS AND TUTORIALS
- Call for tutorials and workshops open - January 10, 2010
- Workshop and tutorial submission deadline - March 26, 2010
- Workshop and tutorial acceptance notification - April 23, 2010
- Travel fellowship application open - June 4, 2010
- Travel fellowship application deadline - June 25, 2010
- Travel fellowship award notification - July 18, 2010
INDUSTRY AND DEMO TRACK
- Call for software demos and industrial presentations open - January 10, 2010
- Industry and demo track submission deadline - June 3, 2010
- Industry and demo track acceptance notification - June 24, 2010
- Registration open - May 7, 2010
- Early registration deadline - August 13, 2010
- Workshop and tutorials - Sunday September 26, 2010
- Conference opening - Sunday evening, September 26, 2010
- Main conference (proceedings, posters, and industry/demo track) - September 26-29, 2010